Connecticut Law Revision Commission
Adoption Laws Review
At the request of the Cochairmen of the Judiciary Committee, the Connecticut Law Revision
is reviewing the adoption process in Connecticut and how to streamline
the process and how to lower barriers to adoption. The focus of the
study is on children in foster care who are under the jurisdiction of
the Connecticut Department of Children and Families whose birth parents
have had their parental rights terminated.
Also at the request of the Judiciary Committee, the Law Revision Commission is reviewing a proposal (SB 522) before the 1998 session of the General Assembly, to allow adopted persons, when they become adults, to have access to their birth records.
- Adoption of Children in State Foster Care Report dated 02-17-1999
- AAC Adoption of Children in State Foster Care - Public Act 99-166
- AAC Adoption and the Interstate Compact on Adoption and Medical Assistance - Public Act 99-252
- Sealed Adoption Records Report dated 02-17-1999
- AAC Release of adoption record, sSB 1274