Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 1136
Session Year 2019
AN ACT ESTABLISHING A CREDIT AGAINST THE ESTATE TAX AND REQUIRING RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF A SOCIAL IMPACT BONDING PROGRAM.
To (1) establish a credit against the estate tax for amounts invested by a decedent in certain bonds or funds, (2) require the Commissioner of Economic and Community Development to submit legislative recommendations to establish a social impact bonding program, and (3) impose a one and one-half per cent tax on the net gain from the sale or exchange of capital assets for certain taxpayers and dedicate such tax revenue to certain purposes.
Public Hearing Testimony
Finance, Revenue and Bonding Committee
- 04/29/2019 Buhler, William
- 04/29/2019 Flaherty, Kathleen, Executive Director- CT Legal Rights Project
- 04/29/2019 Gjede, Eric, Vice President of Government Affairs-Connecticut Business - Industry Association
- 04/29/2019 McCaw, Melissa, Secretary-OPM
- 04/29/2019 National Federation of Independent Business
- 04/29/2019 Shepard, Scott, Policy Director-Yankee Institute for Public Policy
- 04/29/2019 Toubman, Sheldon-New Haven Legal Assistance Association