Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 1131
Session Year 2013
AN ACT CONCERNING CHANGES TO THE CONNECTICUT HISTORIC HOME TAX CREDIT.
To expand eligibility for and usage of the historic homes tax credit by (1) allowing homeowners to sell the credit to a business or apply it to the personal income tax, (2) lowering the minimum qualifying expense to fifteen thousand dollars, (3) raising the maximum amount of the credit to fifty thousand dollars per unit, (4) removing the geographical restriction on eligibility, and (5) introducing a graduated structure for the calculation of the credit amount.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/19/2013 Anita Mielert, First Selectman, Simsbury. President, Connecticut Preservation Action.
- 03/19/2013 Frank Hagaman, Executive Director, Hartford Preservation Alliance
- 03/19/2013 Helen Higgins, Executive Director, Connecticut Trust for HIstoric Preservation
- 03/19/2013 Henry P. Dynia, Jr., Director of Design and Construction, Neighborhood Housing Services of New Haven
- 03/19/2013 John Herzan, New Haven Preservation Trust
- 03/19/2013 Kip Bergstrom, Deputy Commissioner, DECD
- 03/19/2013 Linda Feczko, Connecticut Preservation Action
- 03/19/2013 Robert Tod Bryant, President, Norwalk Preservation Trust
- 03/19/2013 Wade Gibson, Senior Policy Fellow, Fiscal Policy Center at CT Voices for Children