Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 1093
Session Year 2021
AN ACT CONCERNING CIVILIAN POLICE REVIEW BOARDS, SECURITY GUARDS, BODY-WORN RECORDING EQUIPMENT, SEARCHES BY POLICE, LIMITATIONS ON OFFENSES SUBJECT TO AUTOMATIC ERASURE, ENTICING A JUVENILE TO COMMIT A CRIME, LAWFUL ORDERS BY POLICE OFFICERS AND NOTICE TO A VICTIM CONCERNING AUTOMATIC ERASURE OF CRIMINAL RECORD HISTORY.
To (1) provide explicit language for the objection to and enforcement of a subpoena issued by a civilian police review board, (2) modify provision concerning viewing by a police officer and his or representative of body-worn recording equipment or dashboard camera footage, (3) ban police officers decertified in other states from being licensed as a security guard, (4) ban no-knock search warrants and modify police search statutes, and (5) allow the court to draw adverse or unfavorable inferences in the case of a police officer's deliberate failure to record an incident of use of force.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/31/2021 CHRO
- 03/31/2021 CT Conference of Municipalities
- 03/31/2021 Dukes, Christopher
- 03/31/2021 Fox, Alaric, J., Chief-Enfield Police Department
- 03/31/2021 Judicial Branch
- 03/31/2021 McConney Moore, Kelly, Interim Senior Policy Counsel-ACLU
- 03/31/2021 Riccio II, Frank J., President-CCDLA
- 03/31/2021 Spector, Elliot