Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 1055
Session Year 2019
AN ACT ESTABLISHING A TASK FORCE TO STUDY THE JUROR SELECTION PROCESS, PROVIDING ACCESS TO CERTAIN RECORDS POSSESSED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH AND ADDICTION SERVICES, CONNECTICUT VALLEY HOSPITAL AND THE PSYCHIATRIC SECURITY REVIEW BOARD, AND CONCERNING SENTENCING OF PERSISTENT LARCENY OFFENDERS AND CONFIDENTIALITY UPON APPLICATION TO A DIVERSIONARY PROGRAM.
To: (1) Establish a task force to study the juror selection process, (2) provide access to certain records, information and media recordings in the possession of the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, Connecticut Valley Hospital or the Psychiatric Security Review Board, (3) modify sentence enhancements for persistent larceny offenders, and (4) modify nonfinancial conditions of release that a court may impose in the case of a bailable offense.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/18/2019 Delphin- Rittman, Miriam, Executive Director-Dept. of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- 03/18/2019 Flaherty, Esq., Kathleen, Executive Director-Connecticut Legal Rights Project
- 03/18/2019 LeChance, Ellen, Executive Director-Ct. Psychiatric Security Review Board
- 03/18/2019 McGuire, David, Executive Director-ACLU
- 03/18/2019 Rapillo, Christine Perra, Chief Public Defender-Division of Public Defender Services