Raised S.B. No. 1055
Session Year 2017
AN ACT CONCERNING STRANDED TAX CREDITS AND STRATEGIC ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT.
To (1) establish additional methods for businesses to exchange certain stranded tax credits by investing in capital projects in the state, in technical education initiatives or in the business's corporate venture fund, (2) allow the film production tax credit to be claimed against the sales and use taxes, for a fee to fund technical education initiatives, and (3) allow the estate of a decedent who dies on or after January 1, 2021, to reduce the estate tax liability for certain amounts invested pursuant to a tax credit auction.
Public Hearing Testimony
Finance, Revenue and Bonding Committee
- 04/25/2017 Brennan, Joseph, President & CEO-Connecticut Business & Industry Association
- 04/25/2017 Carstensen, Fred, Professor of Finance and Economics-University of Connecticut
- 04/25/2017 Horan, Jim, CEO-CAHS
- 04/25/2017 Krechevsky, David, Public Policy & Economic Development Director-Waterbury Regional Chamber
- 04/25/2017 Pelletier, Lori, President-Connecticut AFL-CIO
- 04/25/2017 Pescatello, Paul, Executive Director-Connecticut Bioscience Growth Council
- 04/25/2017 Ritchie, James
- 04/25/2017 Sedgwick, Jonathan, Vice President-Global Head of Cancer Immunology and Immune Modulation- Boehringer Ingelheim
- 04/25/2017 Varkal, Nancy