Raised S.B. No. 1049
Session Year 2019
AN ACT CONCERNING MODERN ELECTIONS.
To (1) require the Secretary of the State to develop a system through which election-related forms can be signed electronically, (2) require the Secretary to develop an online system for the registration of circulators of absentee ballots, (3) require that certain disputes concerning elections or primaries be adjudicated by the superior court for the judicial district of Hartford, (4) permit candidates or their agents to amend certain election-related filings to correct errors or omissions without penalty if done so within specified timeframes, (5) require registrars of voters to certify certain information regarding designated locations for election day registration, permit the Secretary to order any changes deemed necessary for the effective conduct of election day registration and eliminate the requirement to perform a cross-check before admitting an applicant for election day registration, and (6) permit the Secretary to use redistricting plan data to require registrars of voters to effectively implement such redistricting plan.
Public Hearing Testimony
Government Administration and Elections Committee
- 03/13/2019 Beeble, Timothy-ROVAC
- 03/13/2019 Bernacki, Mark H.-Connecticut Town Clerks Association
- 03/13/2019 Bridgeport Generation Now
- 03/13/2019 Larsen, Sue, President-ROVAC
- 03/13/2019 Merrill, Denise, Secretary of the State of Connecticut
- 03/13/2019 Quickmire, Cheri, Executive Director-Common Cause
- 03/13/2019 Senturia, Yvonne, Election Law Specialist-League of Women Voters of Connecticut
- 03/13/2019 Weeks, Luther, Executive Director-CT Voters Count