Raised S.B. No. 1043
Session Year 2019
AN ACT CONCERNING THE STATE ELECTIONS ENFORCEMENT COMMISSION AND REGULATION OF DARK MONEY.
To (1) implement federal court rulings regarding independent expenditure political committees, (2) increase disclosure of independent expenditures and prohibit such expenditures by certain foreign entities, (3) reveal persons behind political committees and contributors to such committees, (4) require online platforms to disclose requests for the purchase of political advertisements, (5) revise the manner in which the State Elections Enforcement Commission processes complaints, and (6) increase transparency with respect to moneys paid to consultants.
Public Hearing Testimony
Government Administration and Elections Committee
- 03/13/2019 Blank, Isabel, Manager, External Affairs-Yankee Institute for Public Policy
- 03/13/2019 Brandi, Michael J., Executive Director-State Elections Enforcement Commission
- 03/13/2019 Fisher, Christina, Executive Director Northeast-TechNet
- 03/13/2019 Hoffman, Evan, Director of State Government Affairs-Organization for International Investment
- 03/13/2019 McGuire, David, Executive Director-ACLU
- 03/13/2019 Olsen, John, Director, State Government Affairs NE Region-Internet Association
- 03/13/2019 Quickmire, Cheri, Executive Director-Common Cause
- 03/13/2019 Swan, Tom, Director-Connecticut Citizen Action Group