Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 1033
Session Year 2015
AN ACT CONCERNING COURT OPERATIONS AND THE CLAIM AGAINST THE STATE OF LORI CALVERT.
To repeal the requirement that in certain instances a municipality file a statement that it will pay a final judgment rendered against an employee; to provide explicit authority for the court to remand certain land use matters; to clarify that family support referees may solemnize marriages; to eliminate the statutory requirement for a bond for prosecution or recognizance, unless for good cause shown; to expand the applicant pool for official court reporters; to exclude cap plea agreements from sentence review; to clarify that judicial marshals are authorized to execute a capias mittimus by means of a copy; to waive the court fees for civil protection orders and modifications of restraining orders and civil protection orders; to clarify what constitutes a criminal violation of a restraining order or civil protection order; to allow certain forms to be prescribed by the office of the Chief Court Administrator; to exclude life insurance benefits from consideration as a collateral source; to authorize the chief clerk of the Litchfield Judicial District to turn over money he administers on behalf of the Litchfield Cemetery Association; and to repeal certain statutory provisions.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 04/01/2015 Ainsworth, Keith - Chair, Enviromental Law Section - Connecticut Bar association -
- 04/01/2015 Andrews, Liza - CT Coalition Of domestic Violence (CCAVD)
- 04/01/2015 D’Angelis, Mark - President of the State Marshal local of Council 4 AFSCME
- 04/01/2015 Honarable Patrick L. Carroll - Judicial Branch, State of Connecticut
- 04/01/2015 State Victim Avocate Natasha Pierre - State of Connecticut