Raised S.B. No. 1025
Session Year 2021
AN ACT CONCERNING SHORT-TERM RENTAL PROPERTIES.
To (1) require that (A) short-term rental properties be licensed by the Commissioner of Consumer Protection, (B) short-term rental operators notify owners of abutting and adjacent properties regarding use of a dwelling unit as a short-term rental property, and (C) short-term rental operators maintain minimum insurance coverage and the Insurance Commissioner adopt regulations concerning such coverage, (2) permit municipalities to tax short-term rental operators, and (3) subject short-term rental transactions to the sales and use tax.
Public Hearing Testimony
Planning and Development Committee
- 03/15/2021 CCAPA
- 03/15/2021 Connors, Jane - Kevin-oppose
- 03/15/2021 CT Realtors-Oppose
- 03/15/2021 Fisch, Rose-oppose
- 03/15/2021 Gara, Betsy, Executive Director-COST-Supports intent
- 03/15/2021 Guszkowski, John, President-CCAPA-Zoning
- 03/15/2021 Montini, Aurora-Oppose
- 03/15/2021 Seagull, Michelle, Commissioner-Department of Consumer Protection
- 03/15/2021 Shur, Steve, President-Travel Technology Association-Oppose