Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 993
Session Year 2021
AN ACT ASSESSING AN ANNUAL FEE AGAINST CERTAIN CLASS I RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCE INSTALLATIONS.
To remove the property tax exemption for solar projects under seven megawatts and reclassify the tax calculation of solar projects on single parcels of land.
Public Hearing Testimony
Energy and Technology Committee
- 03/09/2021 Chesebrough, Danielle, First Selectman-Town of Stonington-Support
- 03/09/2021 Cwikla, Kevin, First Selectman-Lebanon-Support
- 03/09/2021 Gara, Betsy, Executive Director-CT Council of Small Towns-Support
- 03/09/2021 Helmus, Arthur-Opposition
- 03/09/2021 Herchel, William, CEO-Verogy
- 03/09/2021 Macel, Jeffrey-Lodestar Energy, LLC-Support
- 03/09/2021 Osten, Cathy, Connecticut State Senator-19th District-Support
- 03/09/2021 Pullaro, Francis, Executive Director-RENEW Northeast
- 03/09/2021 Trahan, Mike, Executive Director-Solar Connecticut
- 03/09/2021 Wallace, Kyle, Senior Manager, Public Policy-Sunrun Inc.-Oppose