Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 927
Session Year 2015
AN ACT CONCERNING SECLUSION AND RESTRAINT IN SCHOOLS.
To protect students by preventing the use of physical restraint or seclusion for anything other than emergency situations and to include the topics of restraint, seclusion and other deescalation techniques as a part of in-service training for teachers.
Public Hearing Testimony
Committee on Children
- 02/24/2015 Ann R. Smith, African Caribbean American Parents of Children with Disabilities, Inc
- 02/24/2015 Carolyn Goodridge, CT Association of Foster and Adoptive Parents
- 02/24/2015 Cathy Lapierre, AFT - CT
- 02/24/2015 Craig B. Henrici, Office of Protection and Advocacy for Persons with Disabilities
- 02/24/2015 Edie Joseph, CT Voices for Children
- 02/24/2015 James D. McGaughey
- 02/24/2015 Kathryn Scheinberg Meyer, Center for Children's Advocacy
- 02/24/2015 Sarah Eagan, Child Advocate, State of Connecticut
- 02/24/2015 Stephen McKeever, AFT Connecticut, AFL-CIO
- 02/24/2015 Susan Kelley, National Alliance on Mental Illness