Raised S.B. No. 902
Session Year 2019
AN ACT CONCERNING HIGH DEDUCTIBLE HEALTH PLANS.
To require certain high deductible health plans, to the maximum extent permitted by federal law, to: (1) Apply annual deductibles on a calendar year basis; (2) prorate annual deductibles to reflect (A) the portion of the calendar year during which coverage under such plans is effective, and (B) a deduction for payments made by individuals covered under such plans while such individuals were covered under other high deductible health plans during such year; (3) provide deductions for in-network and out-of-network covered benefits; and (4) not apply (A) increased annual deductibles solely because such plans provide family coverage, or (B) annual deductibles that vary solely due to family size.
Public Hearing Testimony
Insurance and Real Estate Committee
- 02/28/2019 CBIA
- 02/28/2019 Crain, M.D., Michael, Chairman of Radiology Department-Middlesex Hospital
- 02/28/2019 CT Association of Health Plans
- 02/28/2019 CT State Medical Society
- 02/28/2019 Doolittle, Ted-Office of the Health Care Advocate
- 02/28/2019 Looney, President Martin, Senator
- 02/28/2019 Swan, Tom-CCAG