Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 854
Session Year 2019
AN ACT PROMOTING CAREERS IN MANUFACTURING TO PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS AND ESTABLISHING A TASK FORCE TO STUDY THE DEMAND FOR CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION TEACHERS.
To (1) require guidance counselors and school counselors to provide materials concerning manufacturing, military and law enforcement careers to students; (2) require local and regional school district boards of education to develop goals for career placement for students choosing not to pursue an advanced degree; (3) include manufacturing employment and certificate program rates in the accountability index; and (4) establish a task force to study demand for career and technical education teachers in the state.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 02/21/2019 Allinson, Michelle, Vice President-Aerospace Alloys, Inc.
- 02/21/2019 Backus, Tim, President-Har-Conn Chrome Company
- 02/21/2019 Brown, Eric, Coordinator-Connecticut Manufacturers Collaborative-SB 854
- 02/21/2019 Commission on Women, Children and Seniors
- 02/21/2019 Dellalana, John, President-Rowley Spring and Stamping
- 02/21/2019 DeLong, Virginia, Chairman-Connecticut School Counselor Association
- 02/21/2019 Gessay, Chris, President-Accu-Rite Tool - Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- 02/21/2019 Karabin, Rebecca
- 02/21/2019 Lynette, Nadeau, President-Southington Tool - Manufacturing Corp.
- 02/21/2019 Murphy, Paul, Executive Director-Aerospace Components Manufacturers
- 02/21/2019 Nemeth, Marc, President-Jonal Laboratories, Inc.-TMY
- 02/21/2019 Nemeth, Marc, President-Jonal Laboratories, Inc.
- 02/21/2019 Plante, Kasey, Director of Sales and Supply Chain-Alpha Q, Inc.
- 02/21/2019 Romeo, Carmen, President-Fascia s Chocolates
- 02/21/2019 Scott, Jamison, Executive Director-New Haven Manufacturers Association
- 02/21/2019 Soto, Pedro
- 02/21/2019 Ulles, Tim, President-Numet Machining
- 02/21/2019 Wentzell, Dianna, Testimony of Commissioner Dianna Wentzell-State Department of Education-Support of of SB 854
- 02/21/2019 Zoldy, Cyndi, Executive Director-Smaller Manufacturers Association of Connecticut