Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 840
Session Year 2019
AN ACT CONCERNING ACADEMIC FREEDOM AT PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION.
To protect the freedom of expression of faculty members at public institutions of higher education in their scholarship, research and teaching and regarding matters of public interest.
Public Hearing Testimony
Higher Education and Employment Advancement Committee
- 02/21/2019 Adair, Stephen, Ph.D. Professor of Sociology-Central Connecticut State University
- 02/21/2019 Bailey, Michael, Executive Director-University of Connecticut AAUP
- 02/21/2019 Bontly, Thomas D., President-UConn AAUP
- 02/21/2019 Cheeseman, Holly, Representative 37th District-Connecticut General Assembly
- 02/21/2019 McGuire, David, Executive Director-ACLU Connecticut
- 02/21/2019 O Neill, Patricia, Ph.D., President-CSU-AAUP
- 02/21/2019 Van Dermark, Lisa -Elle-, Professor of HIstory-Asnuntuck Community College
- 02/21/2019 Volin, John, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs-University of Connecticut