Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 509
Session Year 2018
AN ACT CONCERNING NEWLY DISCOVERED EVIDENCE.
To permit newly discovered scientific evidence to be considered in the same manner as DNA evidence for the purpose of a petition for a new trial.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/21/2018 Bourn, Jennifer, Executive Member-CT Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- 03/21/2018 Division of Criminal Justice, State of Connecticut
- 03/21/2018 Looney, Senator Martin M., Senator-State of Connecticut
- 03/21/2018 McGuire, David, Executive Director-ACLU-CT
- 03/21/2018 Rapillo, Christine Perra, Chief Public Defender-Division of Public Defender Services
- 03/28/2018 Rosenthal, Kenneth, Attorney-Green - Sklarz,LLC