Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 472
Session Year 2018
AN ACT CONCERNING SECURITY FREEZES ON CREDIT REPORTS, IDENTITY THEFT PREVENTION SERVICES AND REGULATIONS OF CREDIT RATING AGENCIES.
To (1) prohibit credit rating agencies from charging a fee to consumers to place or remove a security freeze from the consumer's account, (2) require credit rating agencies to notify other credit rating agencies of a consumer's request to place or remove a security freeze from such consumer's account, and (3) increase the amount of identity theft prevention or mitigation services provided after a security breach.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/15/2018 Camillo, Fred, State Representative-51st Dist.
- 03/15/2018 Duff, Bob, State Senator-25th Dist,
- 03/15/2018 Duncan, Nora, State Director-AARP
- 03/15/2018 Ferguson, Michael, State Representative-138th Dist.
- 03/15/2018 Jepsen, George, Attorney General-State of Connecticut
- 03/15/2018 Looney, Martin M., State Senator-11th Dist.
- 03/15/2018 Ohs, Sarah M., Manager of Government Relations-Consumer Data Industry Association
- 03/15/2018 Osten, Cathy, State Senator-19th Dist.
- 03/15/2018 Pierre, Esq., Natasha M., State Victim Advocate-Office of the Victim Advocate
- 03/15/2018 Schearer, John, Constituent
- 03/15/2018 Soucy, Rick, Constituent
- 03/15/2018 Storms, Scott, State Representative-60th Dist.