Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 472
Session Year 2016
AN ACT CONCERNING THE ASSIGNMENT OF LIENS FILED BY A MUNICIPAL TAX COLLECTOR AND A STUDY OF THE MUNICIPAL TAX LIEN FORECLOSURE PROCESS BY THE CONNECTICUT LAW REVISION COMMISSION.
To: (1) Limit the assignment of liens on unpaid taxes to liens in excess of two thousand five hundred dollars, and (2) ensure that taxpayer notification safeguards are in place when a municipality elects to assign tax liens filed by the municipality's tax collector to a third party.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/23/2016 Bridges, Jeff - Town Manager, Wethersfield, Connecticut Conference of Municipalities (CCM)
- 03/23/2016 Doggett, Mary Belan - Vice President & General Counsel, Propel Financial Services
- 03/23/2016 Donlin, William L. - Collector of Revenue, Town of Chesire
- 03/23/2016 Donlin, William L. - Legislative Co-Chair, Connecticut Tax's Collectors' Association, Inc.
- 03/23/2016 Gentes, Jeff - Connecticut Fair Housing Center
- 03/23/2016 Kluczwski, David - Collector of Revenue, Town of Berlin
- 03/23/2016 Spader, Walter M. - The Marcus Law Firm