Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 460
Session Year 2016
AN ACT CONCERNING COMPENSATION FOR WRONGFUL INCARCERATION.
To amend the procedure for compensating wrongfully incarcerated persons to require the Claims Commissioner to employ a formula to determine awards, and that such awards be decreased when the claim is based on a vacated or reversed conviction where the complaint or information was dismissed on a ground citing negligence or misconduct by any officer, agent, employee or official of the state or any political subdivision of the state that contributed to such person's arrest, prosecution, conviction or incarceration, and such person could not prove actual innocence to the Claims Commissioner.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/21/2016 Cameron, David R.
- 03/21/2016 George Jepsen - Attorney General, State of Connecticut
- 03/21/2016 George Jepsen, Attorney General
- 03/21/2016 McGraw, Darcy - Office of Chief Public Defender, CT Innocence Project - Post Conviction Unit
- 03/21/2016 Nowacki, Michael
- 03/21/2016 Paine, Rosemarie - President, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- 03/21/2016 Rosenthal, Kenneth - Green & Sklarz LLC
- 03/21/2016 Ruane, James O. - Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- 03/21/2016 Sinha, Amol - State Policy Advocate, Innocent Project