Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 459
Session Year 2016
AN ACT CONCERNING THE COUNTING OF INCARCERATED PERSONS FOR PURPOSES OF DETERMINING LEGISLATIVE DISTRICTS AND DISTRIBUTING STATE AND FEDERAL FUNDS.
To provide for the adjustment of population data so as to count incarcerated persons as residents of their last town of residence rather than as residents of the town in which the correctional facility is located.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/21/2016 Alvarez, Ingrid - Connecticut State Director, Hispanic Federation
- 03/21/2016 Bent, Gloria - President, League of Women Voters of Connecticut, Inc.
- 03/21/2016 Kajstura, Aleks - Legal Director, Prison Policy Initative
- 03/21/2016 McGuire, David - Legislative & Policy Director, American Civil Liberties Union of Connecticut (ACLU)
- 03/21/2016 Oyanadel, Werner - Executive director, Latino and puerto Rican Affairs Commission