Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 453
Session Year 2012
AN ACT CONCERNING CERTIFICATES OF RELIEF FROM BARRIERS RESULTING FROM CONVICTION OF A CRIME.
To adopt the recommendations of the Connecticut Sentencing Commission regarding relief from barriers to employment, licensure and public housing for persons whose eligibility is limited due to prior conviction of a crime.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/23/2012 Amy Meek- City of New Haven
- 03/23/2012 Brian O'Shaughnessy- Coalition for Criminal Justice Reform
- 03/23/2012 Deborah Del Prete Sullivan-Division of Public Defender Services
- 03/23/2012 Deborah J. Fuller- State of Connecticut Judicial Branch
- 03/23/2012 Jeffery Arn- National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials CT Chapter
- 03/23/2012 Justice David M. Borden & Mike Lawlor- CT Sentencing Commission
- 03/23/2012 Neil J. Griffin Jr.- National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials, CT Chapter
- 03/23/2012 Nia Holston- Black Student Alliance, Yale College
- 03/23/2012 Quinnipiac University, School of Law
- 03/23/2012 Ron Thomas- CT Conference of Municipalities
- 03/23/2012 Sara Parker McKernan- Legal Assistance Resource Center of CT, Inc.
- 03/23/2012 Scott C. Bertrand- Enfield Housing Authority
- 03/23/2012 Virginia Downing