Raised S.B. No. 377
Session Year 2020
AN ACT CONCERNING ACCESS TO LEGAL COUNSEL FOR CHILDREN IN IMMIGRATION REMOVAL PROCEEDINGS.
To establish: (1) A right to legal representation for certain individuals in immigration removal proceedings at the federal Executive Office for Immigration Review; and (2) a task force to study the unmet legal needs of indigent residents subject to federal immigration removal hearings.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/09/2020 Bhatt, Alok, Community Defense Coordinator-Connecticut Immigrant Rights Alliance
- 03/09/2020 CT American Immigrant Lawyers Ass.
- 03/09/2020 Hernandez, Steven, Executive Director-Commission on Women, Children, Seniors, Equity and
- 03/09/2020 Looney, Martin M., President Pro Tempore-State of Connecticut Senate
- 03/09/2020 Marealle, Patricia, Staff Attorney-Center for Children s Advocacy -CCA-
- 03/09/2020 McConney Moore, Kelly, Policy Counsel-ACLU-CT
- 03/09/2020 Pollock, John, Coordinator, NCCRC-Natl Coalition Civic Right To Counsel
- 03/09/2020 Shay, Giovanna, Litigation - Advocacy Director--GHLA-, -CLS-, -NHLAA-