Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 357
Session Year 2014
AN ACT CONCERNING CONNECTICUT'S RECYCLING AND MATERIALS MANAGEMENT STRATEGY, THE UNDERGROUND DAMAGE PREVENTION PROGRAM AND REVISIONS TO ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL STATUTES.
To (1) allow municipalities to adopt the high performance building construction standards for new commercial construction or certain renovations and certain home energy rating system scores for new residential construction, (2) adopt certain state building construction standards and to allow certain facilities to be exempt from those standards, provided such facilities adhere to certain other standards, and (3) remove the requirement that manufacturers of certain products certified to meet California standards submit documentation of such certification to the Commissioner of Energy and Environmental Protection.
Public Hearing Testimony
Energy and Technology Committee
- 03/04/2014 Bill Ethier - Home Builders & Remodelers Association of Connecticut, Inc.
- 03/04/2014 Connecticut Conference of Municipalities
- 03/04/2014 Connecticut Council of Small Towns
- 03/04/2014 Debra Chamberlain - Connecticut Realtors
- 03/04/2014 Diane Jones - American Institute of Architects
- 03/04/2014 Henry Miga - Connecticut Codes and Standards Committee
- 03/04/2014 Joseph Cassidy - Department of Administrative Services
- 03/04/2014 Kevin Rose - Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships
- 03/04/2014 Lauren Savidge - Connecticut Fund for the Environment
- 03/04/2014 Lynn Taborsak - League of Women Voters of Connecticut, Inc.
- 03/04/2014 Paul Brady - American Council of Engineer Companies of Connecticut
- 03/04/2014 Robert Klee - Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection
- 03/04/2014 William Dornbos - Environment Northeast