Raised S.B. No. 337
Session Year 2020
AN ACT CONCERNING HIGH DEDUCTIBLE HEALTH PLANS, QUALIFIED HEALTH PLANS AND DISCRIMINATION AGAINST PERSONS ON THE BASIS OF SEXUAL ORIENTATION AND GENDER IDENTITY.
To: (1) Require certain high deductible health plans to apply annual deductibles on a calendar year basis; (2) require certain health care providers to promptly refund excess cost-sharing payments for covered benefits; (3) require certain qualified health plans offered through the Connecticut Health Insurance Exchange to cover certain benefits, have a minimum actuarial value of at least seventy per cent and offer a broad provider network; (4) prohibit life insurers from discriminating against persons on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity; and (5) make changes to various provisions of the general statutes concerning high deductible health plans to more closely conform to provisions of the Internal Revenue Code concerning health savings accounts and medical savings accounts.
Public Hearing Testimony
Insurance and Real Estate Committee
- 03/10/2020 Connecticut Sate Medical Society-Support
- 03/10/2020 CT Association of Health Plans-Oppose
- 03/10/2020 Doolittle, Ted-Office of Health Care Advocate-Support-Supplement
- 03/10/2020 Doolittle, Ted-Office of Health Care Advocate-Support
- 03/10/2020 Doolittle, Ted-Office of Health Care Advocate
- 03/10/2020 Kelly, Aven-Support
- 03/10/2020 Lembo, Kevin, State Comptroller-Office of the State Comptroller-Support
- 03/10/2020 Looney, Martin, Senate President Pro Tempore-Connecticut General Assembly-Support
- 03/10/2020 McConney, Kelly, Policy Counsel-ACLU-Support
- 03/10/2020 The Connecticut Orthopedic Society-Support