S.B. No. 320
Session Year 2019
AN ACT CONCERNING REAL ESTATE CLOSINGS.
To (1) prohibit persons other than attorneys admitted in this state from representing the legal interests of parties to real estate closings concerning real property in this state, and (2) prohibit mortgage lenders from inducing or requiring prospective mortgagors to use preferred attorneys or law firms to represent such mortgagors in proposed mortgage loan transactions concerning real property in this state.
Public Hearing Testimony
Insurance and Real Estate Committee
- 02/27/2019 Comey, Representative Robin
- 02/27/2019 Connecticut Fair Housing Center
- 02/27/2019 Crisci, Jr. Esq., Louis
- 02/27/2019 CT Bankers Association
- 02/27/2019 CT Realtors
- 02/27/2019 Hogan, Richard, Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer-CATIC
- 02/27/2019 Lowry, Attorney Houston Putnam-Polivy, Lowry and Clayton, LLC