Substitute for S.B. No. 274
Session Year 2019
AN ACT REQUIRING THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE LEARN HERE, LIVE HERE PROGRAM.
To require the Commissioner of Economic and Community Development to establish the Learn Here, Live Here program to help graduates of any institution of higher education or certain certificate programs of private occupational schools save toward a down payment on their first home in the state by segregating a portion of their state income tax payments for up to ten years after they graduate.
Public Hearing Testimony
Higher Education and Employment Advancement Committee
- 02/28/2019 Arakelian, Peter G.
- 02/28/2019 Bonina, Bryan R., President-Congress of CT Community Colleges
- 02/28/2019 Connecticut Realtors
- 02/28/2019 Cully, Brianna
- 02/28/2019 Fuerst, Nathan, V.P. for Enrollment Planning - Management-University of Connecticut
- 02/28/2019 Hwang, Tony, 28th District-Connecticut General Assembly
- 02/28/2019 Klarides, Themis, State Representative, 114th District-Connecticut General Assembly
- 02/28/2019 Lehman, David A., Acting Commissioner-DECD
- 02/28/2019 Martillotti, Jacob, Student
- 02/28/2019 O Neill, Patricia, Ph.D., President-CSU-AAUP
- 02/28/2019 Petillo, John J., Dr., President-Sacred Heart University
- 02/28/2019 Rakebrand, Michelle, Assistant Counsel-CBIA
- 02/28/2019 Randle, Neil
- 02/28/2019 Traub, Samantha
- 02/28/2019 Widness, Jennifer, President-The CT Conference of Independent Colleges