Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 213
Session Year 2016
AN ACT CONCERNING THE INHERITANCE RIGHTS OF A BENEFICIARY OR SURVIVOR WHO IS FOUND NOT GUILTY OF MURDER OR MANSLAUGHTER BY REASON OF MENTAL DISEASE OR DEFECT.
To: (1) Prohibit a person found not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect of causing the death of the deceased from benefiting from the estate of the deceased or from the deceased's life insurance policy or annuity, and (2) add the crimes of manslaughter in the second degree and manslaughter in the second degree with a firearm to the list of crimes for which the conviction of a beneficiary for such crime committed against the deceased disqualifies the beneficiary from benefiting from the estate of the deceased or from the deceased's life insurance policy or annuity.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 02/29/2016 DMHAS, Commissioner Miriam Delphin-Rittmon Ph D.
- 02/29/2016 Kinzel, Charles E.
- 02/29/2016 Klar, John
- 02/29/2016 Natasha M. Pierre, Esq. - State Victim Advocate, State of Connecticut
- 02/29/2016 Representaive Dubitsky - House of Representatives, State of Connecticut
- 02/29/2016 Williamson, Daniel R.
- 02/29/2016 Williamson, Gordan C.
- 02/29/2016 Williamson, Hannah