Raised S.B. No. 40
Session Year 2016
AN ACT CONCERNING EMPLOYER INQUIRIES ABOUT AN EMPLOYEE'S OR PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEE'S CREDIT HISTORY.
To restrict the circumstances under which an employer may require an employee or job applicant to consent to a credit report by removing a provision allowing employers to require a credit report from an employee or job applicant who has access to nonfinancial assets valued at two thousand five dollars or more.
Public Hearing Testimony
Labor and Public Employees Committee
- 02/16/2016 Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities
- 02/16/2016 Connecticut Conference of Municipalities
- 02/16/2016 Eric W, Gjede, Assistant Counsel, CBIA
- 02/16/2016 Lori J. Pelletier, President, Connecticut AFL-CIO
- 02/16/2016 Melissa L. Sorenson, Executive Director, National Association of Professional Background Screeners
- 02/16/2016 Melissa Mason, Executive Director, New Haven Works
- 02/16/2016 National Federation of Independent Business
- 02/16/2016 Representative Mathew Lesser, 100th Assembly District