Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 7356
Session Year 2019
AN ACT CONCERNING SCHOOL SECURITY.
To allow school districts to use school security infrastructure competitive grant program funds to hire school security officers, to establish a task force to study issues concerning the authorization of school security officers to carry a firearm while on duty, and to revise the school safety infrastructure criteria for school building projects to include doors that can be locked from inside the classroom.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/18/2019 CEA
- 03/18/2019 Conway, Matthew-CAPSS-In Support
- 03/18/2019 Conway, Matthew-Superintendent Derby Public Schools-In Support
- 03/18/2019 Curtiss, Douglas-Sonitrol-In Support
- 03/18/2019 Falotico, Jennifer-CT PTA
- 03/18/2019 Mazzarella, Joseph-Mutalink
- 03/18/2019 McGuire, David-ACLU-In Opposition
- 03/18/2019 Wentzell, Diana, Commissioner-State Department of Education
- 03/18/2019 Wiber, Marna-ASSA ABLOY-In Support