Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 7215
Session Year 2019
AN ACT CONCERNING SCHOOL CLIMATES.
To (1) require local and regional boards of education to develop safe school climate policies, (2) require schools to assess school climate, (3) require the Department of Education to develop a social and emotional learning assessment instrument, (4) establish the duties of a safe school climate coordinator, (5) require local and regional boards of education to establish a social and emotional learning and school climate council in place of the existing safe school climate committee, (6) require the Department of Education to develop a model safe school climate policy, and (7) require local and regional boards of education to provide training on the prevention of and intervention in discrimination against and targeted harassment of students.
Public Hearing Testimony
Committee on Children
- 03/05/2019 Connecticut Association of Boards of Education
- 03/05/2019 Connecticut Conference of Municipalities
- 03/05/2019 Flaherty, Kathleen, Executive Director-CT Legal Rights Project, Inc.
- 03/05/2019 Gordon, Subira, Executive Director-ConnCAN
- 03/05/2019 Kelley, Susan, Director of Advocacy and Policy-NAMI Connecticut
- 03/05/2019 Lungarini, Glenn, Executive Director-Connecticut Association of Schools
- 03/05/2019 Rabinowitz, Fran, Executive Director-CT Association of Public School Superintendents
- 03/05/2019 Raszczyk-Lawska, Agata, Attorney-Connecticut Legal Services
- 03/05/2019 Rossomando, Ray, Director of Policy, Research - Gov t Relations-Connecticut Education Association
- 03/05/2019 Willcutts, Diane-Special Education Equity for Kids in Connecticut