Raised H.B. No. 7214
Session Year 2019
AN ACT CONCERNING THE PHYSICAL RESTRAINT AND SECLUSION OF STUDENTS BY SCHOOL EMPLOYEES.
To (1) prohibit the physical restraint of a student who cannot be safely restrained because such restraint is medically contraindicated, (2) require school principals to provide verbal and written notification to the parent or guardian of any student placed in physical restraint or seclusion, (3) require continual rather than frequent monitoring of a student placed in involuntary seclusion, and (4) require the presence of a student's assigned school paraprofessional if such student is placed in physical restraint or seclusion.
Public Hearing Testimony
Committee on Children
- 03/05/2019 Falotico, Jennifer, President-Connecticut Parent Teacher Association
- 03/05/2019 Flaherty, Kathleen, Executive Director-CT Legal Rights Project, Inc.
- 03/05/2019 Harvey, Kristin, Special Education Teacher-Area Cooperative Educational Services
- 03/05/2019 Kelley, Susan, Director of Advocacy and Policy-NAMI Connecticut
- 03/05/2019 Lungarini, Glenn, Executive Director-Connecticut Association of Schools
- 03/05/2019 Olive, Melissa, Chair, Public Policy and Legislative Outreach-CT Association for Behavior Analysts
- 03/05/2019 Schachter, Alynda, Special Education Teacher-ACES Mill Road Academy
- 03/05/2019 Tartaglia, Heather, Assistant Director of Student Services-Capitol Region Education Council -CREC-
- 03/05/2019 Wentzell, Dianna, Commissioner-State Department of Education
- 03/05/2019 Willcutts, Diane-Special Education Equity for Kids in Connecticut