Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 7050
Session Year 2015
AN ACT CONCERNING THE JUVENILE JUSTICE SYSTEM.
To ensure that children charged with a class B felony are provided with a hearing on their amenability to treatment in the juvenile court prior to being transferred to the adult criminal docket, to raise the age for transfer from fourteen years to fifteen years of age, to raise the age of a child from sixteen to eighteen concerning certain protections afforded to an admission, confession or statement by such child, to require the Juvenile Justice Policy and Oversight Committee to continue its review of the state's juvenile justice system, and to prohibit children for being shackled or otherwise restrained prior to being adjudicated as delinquent unless such restraint is necessary to ensure the safety of the public.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/30/2015 Bidwell, Robert - Associate Clinical Professor of Pediatrics - University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine
- 03/30/2015 Brenda R.
- 03/30/2015 Briana E.
- 03/30/2015 Center for Children's Advocacy
- 03/30/2015 Connecticut Juvenille Justice Alliance
- 03/30/2015 Conway, Bernadette - State of Connecticut Judicial Branch, External Affairs Division
- 03/30/2015 Curtis R.
- 03/30/2015 Division of Criminal Justice - State of Connecticut
- 03/30/2015 Dr. Jullian Ford - University of Connecticut Health Center
- 03/30/2015 Eagan, Sarah - Child Advocate, State of Connecticut
- 03/30/2015 Ford, Julian - Dr., Univerisity of Connecticut Health Center
- 03/30/2015 Griffin, Eugene - ChildTrauma Academy
- 03/30/2015 Iverson, Sarah - Connecticut Voices for Children
- 03/30/2015 Janayia D.
- 03/30/2015 Kelley, Susan - National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) of Connecticut
- 03/30/2015 Manny F.
- 03/30/2015 McGuire, David - American Civil Liberities Union of Connecticut
- 03/30/2015 Pierre, Natasha M. - State Victim Advocate - State of Connecticut
- 03/30/2015 Rosenblitt, Donald - Executive Director, Lucy Daniels Center
- 03/30/2015 Rost, Gwenyth -Assistant Professor, Department of Communication Disorders - University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- 03/30/2015 Ruane, Jill - Ruane Attorneys At Law
- 03/30/2015 Shapiro, David A. - Manager, Campaign Against Indiscriminate Juvenile Shackling
- 03/30/2015 Storey, Susan O. - Chief Public Defender - State of Connecticut
- 03/30/2015 Storey, Susan O. - Chief Public Defender, State of Connecticut
- 03/30/2015 U.S. Senator Christopher S. Murphy
- 03/30/2015 Villa, Elisa L. - President, Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association