Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 6646
Session Year 2021
AN ACT CONCERNING CRUMBLING CONCRETE FOUNDATIONS.
To (1) permit any owner of a residential building with a foundation made with defective concrete to obtain a reassessment of such building which shall remain valid until such foundation is repaired or replaced, (2) eliminate the termination date of the captive insurance company established pursuant to section 38a-91vv of the general statutes, (3) require quarries that produce aggregate for use in concrete to annually prepare a geological source report, (4) require the Commissioner of Consumer Protection to adopt regulations concerning standards for the testing of aggregate produced by quarries for use in concrete, (5) authorize the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority to make loans to the captive insurance company, and (6) require the captive insurance company to submit a report concerning the damage caused by the presence of pyrrhotite to the concrete foundations of nonresidential buildings in the state.
Public Hearing Testimony
Planning and Development Committee
- 03/22/2021 Bulick, Diane and James-Support
- 03/22/2021 Burns, Lisa-Support
- 03/22/2021 Carmody, Dan and Laurel-Support
- 03/22/2021 Craven, Bruce and Tracy-Support
- 03/22/2021 CT Construction Industries Assn-Support with changes
- 03/22/2021 Cusson, Tyler-Support
- 03/22/2021 Dahl, Jim and Evelyn-Support
- 03/22/2021 Darby, Chris-Support
- 03/22/2021 Dominick, Dawn-Support
- 03/22/2021 Dominick, Laura-Support
- 03/22/2021 Duguay, Deborah-Support
- 03/22/2021 Filteau, Edward-Support
- 03/22/2021 Foster, Jaime, State Representative-Support
- 03/22/2021 Gara, Betsy, Executive Director-COST-Crumbling Concrete Found Sup.
- 03/22/2021 Kennedy, Ann-6646 Sup
- 03/22/2021 Kowalyshyn, Shawn and Kim-Support
- 03/22/2021 Leavitt, Sue-Support
- 03/22/2021 Luxenberg, Geoff, Representative-CT House of Representatives-Crumbling Concrete Found Sup.
- 03/22/2021 MacCoy, Debbie-Support
- 03/22/2021 Maglaras, Michael, Superintendent-CT Foundation Solutions Company INC-Crumbling Concrete Found Sup.
- 03/22/2021 Martin, Nancy and Philip-Support
- 03/22/2021 McGrath, Tom-Support
- 03/22/2021 Mirante, Laura-6646 Sup
- 03/22/2021 Natarajan, Nandini, CEO-Executive Director-CT Housing Finance Authority-Oppose as written
- 03/22/2021 Park, Steve-Support
- 03/22/2021 Perras, Jim, CEO-Homebuilders - Remodelers Association of CT-1064 supp, 1068 opp, 6639 supp, 6641 supp change,
- 03/22/2021 Seagull, Michelle, Commissioner-Department of Consumer Protection
- 03/22/2021 Shea, Gretchen-6646 Sup
- 03/22/2021 Smith, Kristin-Support
- 03/22/2021 Thomas, Lisa, Councilwoman-Coventry Town-6646 sup
- 03/22/2021 Zelonka, Heidi-Support