Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 6605
Session Year 2021
AN ACT CONCERNING BUSINESS REGISTRATIONS, TRADE NAMES, THE COMMERCIAL RECORDING DIVISION WITHIN THE OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY OF THE STATE AND COMMERCIAL REGISTERED AGENTS.
To (1) revise various provisions on registration of business entities in this state, (2) revise provisions governing trade names, (3) rename the Commercial Recording Division within the Office of the Secretary of the State as the Business Services Division, (4) create a listing of commercial registered agents, and (5) allow notaries and commissioners of the superior court to conduct notarial acts remotely.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/15/2021 Hogan, Richard, Chief Compliance Officer, Connecticut Attorneys Title Insurance Company
- 03/15/2021 Keily, Esq., Paul, A.
- 03/15/2021 Lange, Esq., Heather-CBA Estates and Probate Section
- 03/15/2021 Lowry, Esq., Houston Putnam
- 03/15/2021 Luksberg, Joshua, V.P.-First American Title Ins.
- 03/15/2021 Merrill, Denise W., Secretary of the State
- 03/15/2021 Posniak, Anna, Windsor Town Clerk-CTCA
- 03/15/2021 Romano, Esq., Michael, F.
- 03/15/2021 Schander, Deborah, State Liberian-CT State Library
- 03/15/2021 Shaw, Esq, Keith, S.
- 03/15/2021 Wall, Kate, Berlin Town Clerk-Town of Berlin