Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 6495
Session Year 2013
AN ACT CONCERNING THE ISSUANCE OF MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATORS' LICENSES.
To amend the statutes under the cognizance of the Department of Motor Vehicles, as recommended by the department, concerning sworn motor vehicle inspectors, commercial driver's license examiners, insurance identification cards, blanket insurance coverage for leasing companies, year of manufacture plates, registration of vehicles by persons owing municipal taxes, a "Q" endorsement for fire apparatus operators, noncolor photographs on operator's licenses, motorcycle examination waivers for members of the armed forces, the operation of a motor vehicle by certain suspended operator's license holders, fees, disqualification criteria for certain commercial driver's instruction permit holders, leasing and rental license holders, the use of dealer plates, the establishment of misdemeanors for certain violations of the motor vehicle statutes, mediation of certain complaints, odometer tampering, towing, drivers' school license fees, notification of towing, compliance with federal requirements, motor vehicle liens, weigh stations, motor-driven cycles, distracted driving, registration of all-terrain vehicles and snowmobiles, the establishment of infractions for certain violations of the motor vehicle statutes, adult instruction permit holders and technical revisions.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/08/2013 Auto Body Association of Connecticut
- 03/08/2013 Connecticut Automotive Retailers Association
- 03/08/2013 Connecticut Confrence of Municipalities
- 03/08/2013 Connecticut Council of Car Clubs
- 03/08/2013 Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles
- 03/08/2013 Connecticut Office of Higher Education
- 03/08/2013 Jerry Shinners
- 03/08/2013 John Parese
- 03/08/2013 Lee, Telke, Executive Director, Towing & Recovery Professionals of Connecticut
- 03/08/2013 Taphael Podolsky, Legal Assistance Resource Center of Connecticut, Inc.
- 03/08/2013 The Freedom of Information Commission