Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 6391
Session Year 2021
AN ACT CONCERNING THE INSURANCE DEPARTMENT'S RECOMMENDATIONS REGARDING THE GENERAL STATUTES.
To: (1) Modify reporting requirements, and impose a late filing fee and penalty, concerning the public health fee; (2) eliminate an annual report from the Insurance Commissioner to the joint standing committee of the General Assembly having cognizance of matters relating to insurance concerning (A) fires and explosions caused by arson, (B) the workers' compensation fraud unit within the office of the Chief State's Attorney, (C) motor vehicle insurance fraud, and (D) health insurance fraud; (3) modify the Insurance Data Security Law; (4) modify the payment schedule for assessments against domestic insurance companies and other domestic entities; and (5) modify the procedures governing external and expedited external reviews of adverse determinations and final adverse determinations.
Public Hearing Testimony
Insurance and Real Estate Committee
- 02/11/2021 Doolittle, Ted, Healthcare Advocate-CT Office of the Healthcare Advocate-Supports
- 02/11/2021 George, Eric-Insurance Association of CT-Supports
- 02/11/2021 Gura, Joseph-Amend Language
- 02/11/2021 Mais, Andrew, Commissioner-Connecticut Insurance Department-Supports
- 02/11/2021 Mias, Andrew, Commissioner-Connecticut Insurance Department-Supports
- 02/11/2021 Murray, James-Opposed
- 02/11/2021 Mushinsky, Mary, State Representative-General Assembly-Amend Language