Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 6174
Session Year 2019
AN ACT EXEMPTING SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS FROM STATE INCOME TAX AND STUDYING THE EFFECT OF THE EXEMPTION ON TAXPAYER MIGRATION OUT OF STATE.
To raise the income level at which Social Security benefits may be deducted from state income tax and study whether the deductions decrease the numbers of taxpayers age sixty-two and older leaving the state.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 02/14/2019 AARP - Connecticut
- 02/14/2019 Bright, Rich, Volunteer-AARP - Seymour
- 02/14/2019 Chunis, John, Mr.-Interested Citizen-Exempting SSB and State Income Taxes etc.
- 02/14/2019 Mackenzie, Gordon, Volunteer-Fairfield Senior Advocates-Exempting SSB and State Income Taxes etc.
- 02/19/2019 Allen, Marie, Executive Director-Southwestern CT Agency on Aging