Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 5639
Session Year 2016
AN ACT CONCERNING CONNECTICUT'S LEADERSHIP IN CORPORATION AND BUSINESS LAW.
To (1) Adopt the Connecticut Uniform Limited Liability Act; (2) conform the Connecticut Business Corporation Act to the Model Business Corporation Act; (3) clarify the interaction of Article 4A of the Uniform Commercial Code and the federal Electronic Fund Transfer Act with respect to a funds transfer that is also a remittance transfer as defined in said act; (4) establish the Connecticut Center for Commercial Claims for the expeditious resolution of commercial cases; and (5) enact the Connecticut Rapid Arbitration Act to facilitate prompt resolution of certain business-related disputes.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/23/2016 Attorney General George Jepsen
- 03/23/2016 Duenas, Richard - Chair, Government Relations Committee, CTChiro
- 03/23/2016 Eppler-Epstein, Steven - Executive Director, Connecticut Legal Services
- 03/23/2016 Judicial Branch, State of Connecticut
- 03/23/2016 Lowry, Houston Putnam - Polivy, Taschner, Lowry & Clayton, LLC
- 03/23/2016 Welsh, Thomas J. - Connecticut Bar Association