Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 5621
Session Year 2016
AN ACT CONCERNING HUMAN TRAFFICKING.
To revise the duties and composition of the trafficking in persons council; require state's attorneys and municipal chiefs of police to provide data and information concerning human trafficking prosecutions and investigations to the General Assembly; require that the Commissioner of Children and Families and the Commissioner of Emergency Services and Public Protection develop a training program to raise awareness of incidents of human trafficking, institute reforms that are designed to prevent human trafficking at hotels, motels and similar lodgings; raise the age for a person to be convicted as a prostitute; eliminate the requirement that a person knew the victim was under eighteen years of age or was a victim of coercion or human trafficking in order to be convicted of a class C felony for patronizing a prostitute; create mandatory fines for patronizing a prostitute and require such fines be used to fund investigations of prostitution and human trafficking; raise the age of a minor for purposes of enticing a minor to engage in prostitution; expand requirement for display of notice concerning services available to victims of human trafficking; and amend forfeiture requirements related to prostitution.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/14/2016 Acevedo, Hilda C.
- 03/14/2016 Andrews, Lisa - Director of Public Policy & Communications, Connecticut Coalition Against Domestic Violence (CCAADV)
- 03/14/2016 Antico Jr., Victor - President, Connecticut Lodging Association
- 03/14/2016 Bailey, Catherine, Legal & Policy Director & Granato, Madeline, Policy Associate, Connecticut Women's Education and Legal Fund
- 03/14/2016 Bechard, Raymond
- 03/14/2016 Collins, Barbara, Chair & Simonetti, Alix, Legislative Liasion - Connecticut Bar Association's Human Rights and Responsibilities Section
- 03/14/2016 Culhane, Michael C. - Executive Director,Connecticut Catholic Public Affairs Conference, Inc.
- 03/14/2016 Division of Criminal Justice, State of Connecticut
- 03/14/2016 Gray, Jeryl
- 03/14/2016 Heinrich, Deb - Director of Policy and Public Relations, Connecticut Alliance to End Sexual Violence
- 03/14/2016 Langer, Sharon - Interim Executive Director and Advocacy Director, Connecticut Votes for Children
- 03/14/2016 LaPierre, Mallory - Policy Associate, Connecticut Juvenile Justice Alliance
- 03/14/2016 Natasha M. Pierre, Esq. - State Victim Advocate State of Connecticut
- 03/14/2016 Permanent Commission on the Status of Women
- 03/14/2016 Rey, Bianca