Substitute for H.B. No. 5589
Session Year 2017
AN ACT CONCERNING CAMPAIGN FINANCE REFORM.
To (1) create bright lines between coordinated and independent spending, (2) address in statute independent expenditure political committees, (3) increase disclosure of sources of funds used for independent expenditures, (4) require board of governance authorization before certain entities make certain campaign-related disbursements of funds and disclosure of such disbursements to shareholders, (5) prohibit independent expenditures or covered transfers by foreign-influenced entities, and (6) impose limits on covered transfers.
Public Hearing Testimony
Government Administration and Elections Committee
- 03/06/2017 Aresimowicz, Joe, Speaker of the House-State of Connecticut
- 03/06/2017 Bates, Suzanne, Policy Director-Yankee Institute for Public Policy
- 03/06/2017 D'Aquila, Christy
- 03/06/2017 Mador, Martin, Legislative and Political Chair-Sierra Club
- 03/06/2017 Swan, Tom , Executive Director-CCAG
- 03/13/2017 Redman, Jim, Campaign Finance Specialist-The League of Women Voters of CT