Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 5571
Session Year 2016
AN ACT CONCERNING BANKING AND CONSUMER PROTECTIONS.
To (1) require licensing for companies engaged in the collection of federal income tax debt and to prohibit consumer collection agencies from collecting interest, fees, charges or expenses on debts absent an explicit agreement signed by a consumer debtor to the contrary; (2) protect individuals from causes of action for liability on debt brought by creditors or consumer collection agencies with insufficient evidence of ownership of the debt or association of such debt with the individual.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/08/2016 Adam Olshan, Connecticut Creditor Bar Association
- 03/08/2016 Connecticut Bankers Association
- 03/08/2016 DBA International
- 03/08/2016 Evan Preston, ConnPIRG
- 03/08/2016 Jorge Perez, Commissioner, Department of Banking
- 03/08/2016 Linda Strumpf, Connecticut Creditor Bar Association
- 03/08/2016 Mag Morelli, President, Leading Age CT
- 03/08/2016 Raphael Podolsky, LARCC
- 03/08/2016 Sarah Poriss, Attorney
- 03/08/2016 Subira Gordon, African American Affairs Commission
- 03/08/2016 Tom Swan, Connecticut Citizen Action Group