Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 5553
Session Year 2012
AN ACT CONCERNING SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROGRAMS.
To: (1) Revise the penalty for a third conviction of operating a motor vehicle under the influence to allow reinstatement of an operator's license after two years with lifetime installation and maintenance of an approved ignition interlock device, (2) provide conformity for the victim impact panel program fees by amending one reference to such fee to reflect the amount of seventy-five dollars, and (3) permit persons who were eligible to participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles treatment and assessment program that was repealed effective January 1, 2012, to complete participation in such program and seek reinstatement of an operator's license or nonresident operating privilege in accordance with the requirements of the program that were in effect December 31, 2011, and establish a similar optional program for new offenders.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/29/2012 Charlotte Abrams
- 03/29/2012 Gregory P. Nolin
- 03/29/2012 Janice Heggie Margolis- MADD
- 03/29/2012 Karen K. Hardy
- 03/29/2012 Mary A. Grabowski
- 03/29/2012 Mary LeBeau & Joseph Riker- CT Renaissance
- 03/29/2012 Melody A. Currey- DMV
- 03/29/2012 Michael Norton- Midwestern CT Coucil of Alcoholism, Inc.
- 03/29/2012 Paul Waters
- 03/29/2012 Representative Tom Reynolds
- 03/29/2012 Representatives Henry Genga & Jack Thompson
- 03/29/2012 Rita McParland
- 03/29/2012 Shawn P. Dougherty
- 03/29/2012 William Church
- 03/29/2012 WIlliam J. Riordan