Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 5444
Session Year 2018
AN ACT CONCERNING REVISIONS TO THE STUDENT DATA PRIVACY ACT.
To create a uniform student data privacy terms-of-service agreement addendum for use in contracts, to require a one-time annual notice relating to contracts entered into by the board of education, to require the Department of Education to provide written guidance on the laws relating to student data privacy, to authorize the retention of student records required by state and federal law and for purposes of disaster recovery systems, to allow the use of certain web sites and mobile applications that do not comply with the law if specified in a child's IEP, and to add the executive director of the Connecticut Association of Schools to the membership of the student data privacy task force.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/14/2018 Bestor, John
- 03/14/2018 Byrnes, Nancy, Advocacy Committee Chair-CT EducationTechnology Leaders
- 03/14/2018 CABE
- 03/14/2018 Casey, Douglas, Executive Director-CET
- 03/14/2018 Dumais, Charles, Superintendent-Amity Regional School District No. 5
- 03/14/2018 Goldberg, Judy, Vice President of Government Relations-CT PTA
- 03/14/2018 Jacobsen, Jennifer
- 03/14/2018 Lentini, Kaley, Legislative Counsel-ACLU
- 03/14/2018 Neihoff, Dr. Karissa, Executive Director-CAS
- 03/14/2018 Rossomando, Ray, Director, Policy, Research - Government Relations-Connecticut Education Association