Raised H.B. No. 5420
Session Year 2018
AN ACT REQUIRING ADDITIONAL POLLING PLACES AT INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION DURING STATE ELECTIONS.
To require (1) any municipality containing an institution of higher education to establish a separate voting district containing such institution if such institution reports certain data to the United States Department of Education for the year prior to the election, and (2) the registrars of voters or the legislative body of such municipality, as the case may be, to provide a suitable polling place at or near such institution for which a separate voting district is established.
Public Hearing Testimony
Government Administration and Elections Committee
- 03/15/2018 Connecticut Conference of Municipalities
- 03/15/2018 Dodson, Walter, Vice Chair-Connecticut Public Interest Research Group
- 03/15/2018 Iannazzi, Michael, Vice President for Marketing - Communications-Sacred Heart University
- 03/15/2018 Iannazzi, Michael
- 03/15/2018 Larsen, Sue W., Registrar of Voters-Town of South Windsor
- 03/15/2018 Looney, Martin, State Senator
- 03/15/2018 Merrill, Denise, Secretary of the State
- 03/15/2018 Senturia, Yvonne, Election Law Specialist-League of Women Voters of Connecticut, Inc.
- 03/15/2018 Waggner, Matthew, Registrar-Town of Fairfield