Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 5400
Session Year 2016
AN ACT CONCERNING THE DISCLOSURE OF CERTAIN EDUCATION PERSONNEL RECORDS, CRIMINAL PENALTIES FOR THREATENING IN EDUCATIONAL SETTINGS AND THE EXCLUSION OF A MINOR'S NAME FROM SUMMARY PROCESS COMPLAINTS.
To ensure that local and regional boards of education have information concerning whether an applicant has been found to have committed abuse or sexual misconduct and that local and regional boards of education share such findings with other boards of education who may employ such applicant.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/02/2016 Alexander, Jennifer- Chief Executive Official, Connecticut Coalition for Achievement Now (ConnCAN)
- 03/02/2016 Alswanger, Geoff - President of the Stamford Board of Education
- 03/02/2016 Connecticut Association of Boards of Education, Inc.
- 03/02/2016 Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA)
- 03/02/2016 Connelly, James A. - Interim Superintendent of Schools in Stamford
- 03/02/2016 David Martin, Mayor of Stamford
- 03/02/2016 Fred Balsamo, CT Association of Athletic Directors
- 03/02/2016 Heinrich, Deb - Director of Policy and Public Relations, Connecticut Alliance to End Sexual Violence
- 03/02/2016 Hochadel, Jan -President, AFT Connecticut
- 03/02/2016 Kolek, Melanie I. - Legal Counsel, Connecticut Education Association
- 03/02/2016 Rinaldi, Mike
- 03/02/2016 Senator Anthony H. Williams, Democratic Whip, State of Pennsylvania
- 03/02/2016 The State of Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities
- 03/14/2016 Balsamo, Fred - Connecticut Association of Athletic Directors, Inc