Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 5367
Session Year 2016
AN ACT CONCERNING THE TOTAL UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFIT RATE AND AN ONLINE EMPLOYMENT EXCHANGE.
To calculate an individual's unemployment benefit rate using four quarters of earnings, to put a three-year freeze on the maximum unemployment benefit rate and to require certain recipients of unemployment benefits to post their resume online in order to continue to receive such benefits.
Public Hearing Testimony
Labor and Public Employees Committee
- 03/03/2016 Coalition of Connecticut Chambers of Commerce & Businesses
- 03/03/2016 Eric W. Gjede, Assistant Counsel, Connecticut Business and Industry Association
- 03/03/2016 George Wentworth, National Employment Law Project
- 03/03/2016 Home Builders and Remodelers Association of Connecticut
- 03/03/2016 Lori J. Pelletier, President, Connecticut AFL-CIO
- 03/03/2016 MetroHartford Alliance
- 03/03/2016 National Federation of Independent Business
- 03/03/2016 Scott D. Jackson, Commissioner, Connecticut Department of Labor
- 03/08/2016 David Krechevsky, Director, Public Policy and Economic Development, Waterbury Regional Chamber