Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 5308
Session Year 2016
AN ACT CONCERNING REVISIONS TO THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION'S FRAMEWORK FOR RESPONSE TO INTERVENTION.
To require the Department of Education to update the 2008 version of the department's framework for response to intervention entitled "Using Scientific Research-Based Interventions: Improving Education for All Students" and to establish a general education multitiered system of instruction and supports at each school for students requiring supplemental or intensive assistance.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 02/24/2016 Elaine Zimmerman, Executive Director, Commission on Children
- 02/24/2016 Kate Field, Ray Rossomando - Connecticut Education Association
- 02/24/2016 Allison Quirion, Decoding Dyslexia-CT
- 02/24/2016 Dianna R. Wentzell, Commissioner, State Department of Education
- 02/24/2016 Ingrid Canady, Interim Executive Director, State Education Resource Center
- 02/24/2016 Jon Stoner, Lisa Garner, Bianka Kortlan-Cox - Connecticut Association for the Gifted
- 02/24/2016 Marilyn Calderon, Executive Director, Connecticut Parent Power
- 02/24/2016 Patti Fusco, AFT Connecticut