Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 5207
Session Year 2010
AN ACT CONCERNING CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR PROSPECTIVE STATE EMPLOYEES.
To require state employers to make conditional offers of employment to individuals prior to inquiring about their past criminal convictions.
Public Hearing Testimony
Labor and Public Employees Committee
- 02/25/2010 Alexis N. Highsmith- ghla
- 02/25/2010 Anne H. Higgins
- 02/25/2010 Audrey Richards- People Against Injustice
- 02/25/2010 Barbara Fair
- 02/25/2010 Chief State's Attorney Kevin Kane
- 02/25/2010 David Schultz
- 02/25/2010 Ellen Small- CABHN
- 02/25/2010 Emily Sheehan- RISE
- 02/25/2010 Jacqueline Caron- Connecticut Pardon Team, Inc.
- 02/25/2010 James D. Butler III
- 02/25/2010 Jennifer Garrison
- 02/25/2010 Linda J. Yelmini- Office of Policy and Management
- 02/25/2010 Marc Mauer-The Sentencing Project
- 02/25/2010 Nadine Nevins- Connecticut Legal Services
- 02/25/2010 rJo Winch- Councilwomen, City of Hartford
- 02/25/2010 Robert J. Brothers- CHRO