Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 5185
Session Year 2018
AN ACT CONCERNING GUARDIANSHIP APPOINTMENTS FOR INDIVIDUALS SEEKING SPECIAL IMMIGRANT JUVENILE STATUS.
To permit certain unmarried persons under the age of twenty-one to be appointed a guardian solely in connection with a petition to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services for designation of the person as having special immigrant juvenile status.
Public Hearing Testimony
Committee on Children
- 02/27/2018 American Civil Liberties Union
- 02/27/2018 Bacolini, Paula
- 02/27/2018 Baires, FranciscoGreater Hartford Deportation Defense
- 02/27/2018 Bhatt, Alok, Community Organizer-Connecticut Immigrant Rights Alliance
- 02/27/2018 Bortolleto, Camila, Connecticut Students for a Dream
- 02/27/2018 Carcamos, Deybis
- 02/27/2018 Center for Children's Advocacy
- 02/27/2018 Connecticut Chapter of AILA
- 02/27/2018 Coy, Beberly
- 02/27/2018 Diaz, Enesla, Managing Attorney-Greater Hartford Legal Aid, Inc.
- 02/27/2018 Eagan, Sarah, Child Advocate-Office of the Child Advocate
- 02/27/2018 Hernandez, Michael
- 02/27/2018 Hernandez, Steven, Executive Director-Commission on Women, Children and Seniors
- 02/27/2018 Khattar, Varun, Community Organizer-CT Center for a New Economy
- 02/27/2018 Kinsman, Alicia, Director and Managing Attorney-Connecticut Institute for Refugees and Immigrants
- 02/27/2018 Kritzman, Camille, Community Organizer-CT Students for a Dream
- 02/27/2018 Lewis, Joanne, Attorney-Connecticut Legal Services, Inc.
- 02/27/2018 Lopez, Barbara, Lead Organizer-Make the Road Connecticut
- 02/27/2018 McDonough, Tara
- 02/27/2018 Morrison, Sarah
- 02/27/2018 Nadel , Jane, Policy Director -Connecticut Shoreline Indivisible
- 02/27/2018 Podesta, Adriana, Immigration Attorney and Director of Legal Service-Building One Community
- 02/27/2018 Rapillo, Christine, Chief Public Defender-Division of Public Defender Services
- 02/27/2018 Roach , Jennifer, RN
- 02/27/2018 Scheller, April
- 02/27/2018 Siegel-Miles, Alyssa