Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 408
Session Year 2018


To enter Connecticut into the Agreement Among the States to Elect the President by National Popular Vote, thereby committing the state's votes in the Electoral College to the presidential candidate that wins the popular vote nationally, regardless of whether such presidential candidate wins the popular vote within the state.

Introduced by:
Government Administration and Elections Committee

 New today  2-4 days old  5 days & older
   Text of Bill
 File No. 472   [htm]
 GAE House Favorable   [htm]
 Raised Bill   [htm]
   Committee Actions
 GAE Vote Tally Sheet (House)   [htm]
 GAE Vote Tally Sheet (Senate)   [htm]
   Fiscal Notes
 Fiscal Note For File Copy 472   [htm]
   Bill Analyses
 Bill Analysis For File Copy 472   [htm]

*NOTE: Add to My Bills and Add Notes are cookie-based functions. If device cookies are cleaned, this information will be lost.

*NOTE: Add to My Bills and Add Notes are cookie-based functions. Browser must accept cookies from to function. If browser cookies are cleaned, bills will be lost.

Co-sponsors for Amendment LCO:

Bill History

 Date Action Taken
 5/7/2018House Recommitted to Government Administration and Elections
 4/12/2018(LCO)File Number 472
 4/12/2018House Calendar Number 332
 4/12/2018Tabled for the Calendar, House
 4/12/2018Favorable Report, House Committee on Government Administration and Elections
 4/12/2018(LCO)Reported Out of Legislative Commissioners' Office
 4/6/2018(LCO)Referred to Office of Legislative Research and Office of Fiscal Analysis 04/11/18 5:00 PM
 3/26/2018(LCO)Filed with Legislative Commissioners' Office
 3/23/2018(GAE)House Favorable
 3/23/2018(GAE)Motion Failed SF
 3/15/2018Public Hearing 03/19
 3/5/2018Referred to Joint Committee on Government Administration and Elections

Co-sponsors of SB-408

Rep. Joseph P. Gresko, 121st Dist.
Rep. Philip L. Young, 120th Dist.
Rep. Mary M. Mushinsky, 85th Dist.
Sen. Gary A. Winfield, 10th Dist.
Sen. Martin M. Looney, 11th Dist.
Sen. Marilyn V. Moore, 22nd Dist.

NOTE: Please direct all inquiries regarding the status of bills to the Office of the House Clerk and/or Senate Clerks' Office.